Sometimes you want a nice big breakfast in one dish without the hassle of timing things separately. Our Swiss-Italian Breakfast Strata is the perfect solution for making a flavorful and satisfying meal for guests to enjoy! This meal can be prepared ahead of time and held in the refrigerator until it’s time to cook. Satisfy your hunger in the morning and try something different! Serves up to 6 people.
Swiss-Italian Breakfast Strata
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Feeds: 6 People
- 10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli
- ½ yellow onion minced
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (no skin) browned, drained and minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ loaf of crusty bread (sourdough recommended) – can be stale!
- 8 oz Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 8 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- Cracked pepper
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- In saucepan, melt butter and sauté garlic for 1 minute and pour into eggs.
- Whisk into the bowl your broccoli, onion, cheeses, milk, Dijon, sausage, and nutmeg.
- Crack a healthy amount of pepper in and mix.
- Add bread to mixing bowl and combine.
- Pour into greased baking dish and cook at 350 for one hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
It’s breakfast time so you know what that means…bubbles! We’d recommend a dry sparkling wine to compliment this egg strata: